Thursday, November 6, 2008

At work today...

I was determined to keep sated, so I ate 6 Slim Jims, 3 wheels of Babybel (2 gouda, 1 cheddar), 1 serving of Wasabi and Soy Sauce flavored almonds and 1 serving (3 pieces) Russell Stover sugar-free Crispy Caramel candies--along with the Coca-Cola Zero and almost all of my 2/3-full 64-oz jug of water.

I'm about to try something a little new for lunch.  Sometimes, I fix "crustless pizza"--a plate of sliced pepperoni, topped with four ounces of fresh mozzarella and either banana peppers or a tapenade-like olive spicy pizza topping (very low-carb) that I found.  I top that with another layer of pepperoni and nuke it for 2 minutes, sometimes adding Tabasco sauce on top.  It's very juicy and messy.  I've tried adding Walden Farms carb-free Marinara sauce, but I didn't like it.  If I have fresh cherry tomatoes or onions, those work really well.  

Today I'm going to try loading it all up in a bowl and sprinkling some extra cheddar/parmesan on top, so it'll seem a little heartier, and adding some low-carb salsa (the big jug from Sam's).  That means a lot of cheese for the day, but it's better than getting a McRib, right? :)

We'd been going through some financial constraints before the wedding, which meant I couldn't really buy vegetables, but now that we're getting back on our feet, I'm planning on mashing more cauliflower (SO good!) and having salads almost every day.  I used one batch of cauliflower once to make Shepherd's Pie, with grated cheese, shallots, and ground beef with beef broth.  It was so, so tasty!  Mock potato salad is wonderful, too...and I just found a recipe for fried mashed cauliflower pancakes, a la potato pancakes.

And, since I got a standing mixer for our wedding...Oopsie rolls will be a cinch!


1 comment:

Chai Latté said...

Hi :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog and your comment. I SO appreciate it.

Congratulations on your wedding! And congratulations on getting your low-carbness back :)

I look forward to following your progress, and losing with you!